This tastes so much better than it may sound! It's an awesome Vegan recipe! You won't miss the cheese or meat. This recipe is based from the Engine 2 Diet but I changed it up a bit.
1 Onion, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
4-5 cups steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Parsley
2 jars Pasta Sauce or make your own, (2 jars if your use uncooked pasta, only one if using cooked pasta)
1 pound Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked or cooked it's up to you
1 cup Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained ( I tried to squeeze out as much water as possible)
3 Large Sweet Potatoes, baked and mashed
6-8 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thin
-Start by baking your sweet potatoes first. Scoop out and mash by hand or mixer. You can do this ahead of time or use left overs that what I did.
- Steam your Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots. I used left over vegetables.
- In a large pan I put a little water with Oregano, Basil and Parsley and added the sliced Mushrooms and Onions. Just keep adding a little water as needed. Then add the steamed vegetables and mix with the mushroom and onions.
-Cover the bottom of your pan with your pasta sauce.
- Add a layer of noodles and sauce. Use a lot of sauce if uncooked.
-Next put all the steamed veggie, mushroom, onion mixture on top. I put all of it on this layer
-Add another layer of noodles and more sauce, just remember add a lot of sauce if using uncooked pasta
-Evenly distribute the spinach next.
-Now add the mashed sweet potatoes, all of them
- On top the sweet potatoes add sauce, noodles and more sauce
- The last topping - add your thinly sliced Roma Tomatoes
Cover and Bake for about an hour in a preheated over to 400 degrees. The last 15 minutes of baking time take the foil off. Let it rest about 15 minutes before cutting and serving. I used a baking pan that is a little larger than an 9x12.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Get the latest news and sales delivered to your inbox
Sign up for our newsletter to learn about new releases, exclusive deals and more!