1 Onion, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
8 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
4-5 cups steamed Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots
1 teaspoon Oregano
1 teaspoon Basil
1 teaspoon Parsley
2 jars Pasta Sauce or make your own, (2 jars if your use uncooked pasta, only one if using cooked pasta)
1 pound Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked or cooked it's up to you
1 cup Frozen Spinach, thawed and drained ( I tried to squeeze out as much water as possible)
3 Large Sweet Potatoes, baked and mashed
6-8 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thin
-Start by baking your sweet potatoes first. Scoop out and mash by hand or mixer. You can do this ahead of time or use left overs that what I did.
- Steam your Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots. I used left over vegetables.
- In a large pan I put a little water with Oregano, Basil and Parsley and added the sliced Mushrooms and Onions. Just keep adding a little water as needed. Then add the steamed vegetables and mix with the mushroom and onions.
-Cover the bottom of your pan with your pasta sauce.
- Add a layer of noodles and sauce. Use a lot of sauce if uncooked.
-Next put all the steamed veggie, mushroom, onion mixture on top. I put all of it on this layer
-Add another layer of noodles and more sauce, just remember add a lot of sauce if using uncooked pasta
-Evenly distribute the spinach next.
-Now add the mashed sweet potatoes, all of them
- On top the sweet potatoes add sauce, noodles and more sauce
- The last topping - add your thinly sliced Roma Tomatoes
Cover and Bake for about an hour in a preheated over to 400 degrees. The last 15 minutes of baking time take the foil off. Let it rest about 15 minutes before cutting and serving. I used a baking pan that is a little larger than an 9x12.